Jennifer D. Patterson
Jennifer D. Patterson opened her first law firm in 1995 in Cumming, Georgia. Since then, she has enjoyed serving clients in the North Georgia area for the last twenty years. Jennifer focuses her practice on all issues related to families including divorce, child custody, child support, domestic violence and contempt issues. She regularly handles matters which may be high conflict, including cases involving psychological custody evaluations, family owned businesses and retirement division.
Emory University School of Law
Juris Doctor - 1995
University of Southern Mississippi
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - 1992
Recent Client Testimonials
Divorce & Mediation
Areas Of Practice
As the mother of four children, she has a true understanding of the heart wrenching decisions that have to be made in custody and parenting matters and has guided her clients as they make those decisions. Furthermore, with an undergraduate degree in Accounting, Jennifer has the insight and knowledge to understand and advise her clients on financial decisions regarding asset and debt division.
- Family Law
- Divorce (contested and uncontested)
- Child Custody & Support
- Alimony and Spousal Support
- Legitimation and Paternity Matters
- Adoptions & Step Parent Adoptions
- Interstate Child Support & Custody Matters involving Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction & Enforcement Act
- Grandparent Custody/Visitation
- Family Violence/Temporary Protective Orders
- Modification of Custody and Child Support
- Guardian ad Litem to Superior Court
In addition to her role as a domestic attorney, over the last twenty years Jennifer has been appointed by Judges all over the North Georgia area to serve as a guardian ad litem, representing children’s interests in divorce and custody matters.
Jennifer is trusted as a mediator and arbitrator and is often asked by her peers to serve in the role of neutral to assist in resolving family related matters.